• Detailed information about SDLC - Software Development Life Cycle.
• Software Development Methodologies - V-Model Waterfall, Agile, SCRUM, Sprint, User Stories etc.
• Software Requirement Specification Documents,Business Requirement Document (BRD),
Functional Requirement Document (FRD)
• Roles and responsibilities of Business Analyst, Developers, Technical Architects, QA Testers, Configuration Management Team, End Users, Clients, Project Managers, QA Lead, QA Manager.
• What is Software Quality Assurance (QA) and Testing?
• Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC)
• Types of software Applications, Windows based, web based etc.
• Types of Testing, Unit testing, functional testing, integration test, Regression Test, System Testing, Smoke Testing, Data Driven Testing
• Black Box Testing and White Box testing, UAT testing
• Whatare Backend Testing and Data Driven Testing? Smoke Testing, Sanity Testing,
Browser compatibility Testing, External Interface Testing andFunctional Testing, Integration Testing, Unit Testing, HA Testing, Security Testing, Cross browser testing, Manual Testing, Automation Testing and Performance Testing.
• Validation vs Verification
• Data Driven Testing (Manual Testing)
Practice - Group discussion on types of testing
• QA Tester Role - Software Testing Life Cycle
• Understanding the requirement document and writing Test cases in Excel, Writing Test Data
Practice - Group Discussion (Home Assignments and also Practice sessions in class).
• How to write Test Cases and Prepare RTM and test matrices
• Review Test cases written by students.
• How to write Test Plan, what is Objective, Scope and Strategy of the test plan
• Entry and Exit criteria.
• Testing Techniques
Homeworkassignments and also practice sessions in class
• Review Test Plan and Test cases.
• Discuss Defect Life Cycle while teaching Quality center Defect module
• What is clustering, Load Balancer, Front end, Back End, Middle ware, etc..About Project and Application architecture, External Systems etc.
SQL - Structure Query Language
• What is SQL?
• Write different types of SQL queries with examples? (Practice and homework assignments).
• Role of tester in SQL?
HP Quality Center | HP ALM - Application Life Cycle Management
• Installation instructions and resolving the Quality center installation issues on student’s computer.
• HP Quality center Installation Issues.
• Introduction to Quality Center. How to manage testing Process using HP Quality Center.
• Advantages of Quality Center over Excel Sheet.
• Requirements Module: Write Requirements on Banking / Finance Domain Project
• Test Plan Module: Based on the requirement write Test Plan, Test Cases and RTM - Requirement traceability Matrix.
• Test Lab Module: Based on Test plan execute the Test cases and file Defects